Jews | BBC Documentary

in Judaism, Spiritual Video

Interesting BBC miniseries highlighting Jewish life in Britain. It looks at religion, orthodoxy and secularism. Nice snapshots of the beliefs and culture of very different kinds of Jews – from the secular to ultra-orthodox.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

Part 5:

Part 6:

Posted on Monday, June 22nd, 2009

Sharon June 23, 2009 at 10:37 pm

Thank you for sharing. This was great.

Nadene August 9, 2014 at 5:21 am

Hi Sandra, thanks for conimntemg. Do you suspect there’s something I still need to investigate with subscriptions on my end, or do you think everything’s cool? I’ll definitely be checking out your blog. Also, I am posting a brand new version of the e-book. I have done substantial editing. It will be available at the same link you got when you subscribed so if you have already downloaded the first one, you might be interested in getting the other one.I look forward to reading your thoughts! Sounds like you’re one of my people.

car insurance pensioner August 11, 2014 at 6:36 pm

Stellar work there everyone. I’ll keep on reading.

propecia for sale August 11, 2014 at 7:02 pm

That’s a posting full of insight!

Dicky February 22, 2015 at 12:04 am

I learned that The Holy Qur’an draws you into it when you dectadie consistent time to it. Being Muslim for six years, and knowing how to read Arabic for five years (albeit very slowly), I finally made the intention to complete an entire reading of The Qur’an this Ramadan. I started out taking a long time to finish each juz’ (1/30th), but as the month went along, I found myself reading with a smoother flow and even a bit of melody, which I usually don’t develop until after I’ve memorized that part of the text. I have always felt a connection to The Qur’an, but now I feel it has increased considerably. This is the hadith qudsi manifested in everyday life: And if he draws near to Me an arm’s length, I draw near to him a fathom’s length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him running.

Albim April 11, 2015 at 7:18 pm

to him, Submit (i.e. be a Muslim)! He said, I have submitted mselyf (as a Muslim) to the Lord of the ‘c2lameen (mankind, jinn and all that exists). 132. And this (submission to Alle2h, Isle2m) was enjoined by Ibre2heem (Abraham) upon his sons and by Ya‘qfbb (Jacob) (saying), O my sons! Alle2h has chosen for you the (true) religion, then die not except in the Faith of Isle2m (as Muslims Isle2mic Monotheism). 133. Or were you witnesses when death approached Ya‘qfbb (Jacob)? When he said unto his sons, What will you worship after me? They said, We shall worship your Ile2h (God Alle2h), the Ile2h (God) of your fathers, Ibre2heem (Abraham), Isme2‘eel (Ishmael), Ishe2q (Isaac), One Ile2h (God), and to Him we submit (in Isle2m). Sfbrat Al-Baqarah (The Cow) II Quran